Saturday, January 31, 2009

Superbowl!

I haven't gotten to work on the third Lucian painting yet. He might be the hardest. He's got stripes in his face and his fur is short so it shows more texture than the dogs. So it could take a while to paint. I might have to work on that next week.

This weekend is of course the Superbowl! I haven't made any cakes in a while, so I thought I'd do something for the party. I didn't feel like making a logo cake like I did last year....then the year before I did a clashing helmet cake (good thing the Colts and the Browns didn't have complex logos!). So, I decided to go with cupcakes.

I looked up the official team colors on wikipedia and did a batch of half Cardinal's colors and half Steeler's. I think they came out pretty good. I like icing them, but mixing the colors takes a while and it gets pretty messy.

I'm not really into either of these teams this year, so I'll probably root for the underdog...which is the Cardinals?? Eh...maybe I'll stick with Pittsburgh...

1 comment:

Peng-Peng said...

see i felt the same way about the superbowl this year. i didn't very much care for either teams so i also rooted for the cardinals. the steelers had enuff superbowl wins under their belts. guess i ain't no oracle! =P
these look really tasty! ur kids' birthday parties are gonna be flippin cool!