Wednesday, January 21, 2009

painting, part 1

Here is my first attempt at paint.

It's acrylics. It turned out pretty good except I didn't mean to go all the way black. The black was meant to be a dark blue. I have no sense of color mixing, and added too much black to the already darkish blue. Also, the dark blue I used is too close to the shade of black. I wanted more of an medium blue. It looked better with the first coat, but you could see my strokes, so I went over it again with another coat and made it waaaay too dark. Oh well. I know what to do for the next one.

I also learned that cheap paints are cheap. The blue I used for the "medium blue-turn-dark blue" and the white were cheapies. And I had to do two coats for both of those colors. The others, not so bad.

Next up is Snorty.

No comments: