Thursday, August 5, 2010

Half Marathon

I just registered for my first half marathon (13.1 miles)!

The Rock and Roll marathon series is coming to Savannah next year on November 5, 2011. I figure that should be more than enough time to prepare myself and possibly get a decent time. On the registration, it asked you to put in your estimated finish time... hah! I don't know! I put in 2 hours and 30 minutes, based on previous race times. My goal is to NOT exceed that time! Hopefully I'll fall somewhere in between 2 and 2.5 hours. I've done a 10K in a little over an hour (included a bridge in it), but I'm thinking my pace will fluctuate... and I'll probably hit a wall at some point, but then ideally get a second wind near the end of it! Maybe I will surprise myself!

Now to find the time to train!

3 comments:

theFranchize said...

I'm hoping that by next Spring I'll be in good enough shape to start running. I really wanna do a 5k by April or something. good luck with your training!

Jac V. said...

thanks Jur! That sounds awesome! Maybe by then we will be living up there too! And we can all do it together!! woohoo!

Shonna said...

That is awesome! I would love to do a half marathon but I'm too chicken to sign up! If you hurry up and move up here so I have a guaranteed training partner then I'll do it! Hurrrrry!