Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a coffee morning


Last night, I stayed up until 4am working on the family tree layout project on my to-do list.

Take a look at that... I am working off a rough PDF (upper right background), pretty much just making it look a little better – refining it in InDesign. The client will eventually want to print this into a huge poster.

It may look boring, but I'm actually having fun with this. First of all, I think it's SO interesting that the client has his family history of NINETEEN GENERATIONS. I don't even know the names of my great-grandparents! The first person in his tree was born in 1485! Wow...

Secondly, as much as I bitch about being in front of a computer all day, sometimes simplified layout work is refreshing. I probably could have gotten all of this done in one sitting, but I made myself go to sleep. Plus, I love working at night when there aren't any distractions of the day to bother me. It's so easy to play some music and just get into the zone (my divine frenzy!).

I'm looking forward to completing this tonight (if I don't fall asleep). I made myself a strong cup of coffee this morning to stay awake. I am not a regular coffee drinker, I just drink it when I need to stay up at night or following a late night.

No comments: