Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Coming to terms

Caroline (8"x8")

Jessica (11"x14")

Kazia (8"x8")

These are the other 3 paintings I did for gifts last year. I wasn't allowed to post the family tree, but maybe I will replace it with my family and post it. (hmmm... Christmas presents for 2011?)

In regards to running, or well, not being able to run... I was thinking about screwing what the doc said and train for the 1/2 marathon anyway, but here and there, my knee would bother me and reassure me that running is not the smartest thing to do. ...at this point in my life anyway. I figure I will still make running a 1/2 or even whole marathon a life goal. I still have the rest of my life ahead of me. I'm not even 30 yet (for another 10 months)! I have a kid, a full time job and therefore virtually no time to do any training right now anyway. Maybe in the future, once Liam is able to wipe his own butt, I will get back into running. And who knows, at that point there may be some miracle cure to crappy knees. When I'm older, I'd be in a better place to afford the knee surgery anyway. Not a great way of looking at that, but whatever. I'm not giving up ALL hope, and I refuse to give up running. I just have to put it on hold for the time being. I am fine with that.

In other news, I'm only FIVE lbs away from my pre-preggo weight! I weighed myself on my cousin's bathroom scale for the first time since I was back in Savannah (Dec '10) - at the scale in our house. I think I have lost at least 7 lbs since then. I had some progress with the weight loss due to diet changes, but I was fluctuating. December was tough with the holiday treats! (I can't deny myself Holiday treats!!! They only come once a year!!) I got back on track with eating less after new years and I'm back down if not more so to what I was before the December eating madness! Weight loss with NO exercise!! Ha! It is possible! I can still be a lazy bum and lose weight!

But I need to start back on some type of exercise routine. I feel more tired at night most nights. Maybe my body's making up for the lack of sleep I got in December and parts of January. Who knows. Or maybe I'm being a normal person by trying to get 7-8 hours of sleep at night...

No comments: