Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Quickie

Been busy with a few logo and business card projects, along with the day job, and dealing with a toddler... life gets hectic. I am doing a few more things for myself (see my fitness blog for details), which I am very happy with, but in doing so, other areas of my life are lacking... mainly in the personal creative department.

I finally broke out the letterpress and it's awesome. But it's kind of cumbersome to do just one piece at a time because it's not economical for the ink usage and well, it's kind of a task to clean everything up. Other than that, I love it and want to make my own plates soon.

There are a few other things that I want to start doing again, such as sketching and drawing (very important to me) and getting back into guitar playing/learning. Ahh... so many things, so little time.

In other news I finally upgraded to a smartphone... an iPhone! I love it, BUT it is just one other thing to distract me from the things I want to do. Oh, technology!

































We have a friend's wedding coming up and I didn't know what to get them for their shower gift. Both have already been married once before, so what do they need? I decided to go with a framed invitation - easy and sentimental. I bought an inexpensive frame from Wally World and basically made a new, decorative mat for the frame. I think it looks cool. If I didn't add the pattern to the mat, it would have looked pretty boring. What do you think? Not bad for an $8 gift!

1 comment:

Peng-Peng said...

i have slight jealousy. (and by slight - i mean lots.) LOVELY!! =)